Sunday, July 18, 2010

Fake Flowers and Real Charm

So here is the culmination of a project I have been excited about for awhile.
Silk flower hair pieces. Originally I was going to use feathers too, and I may in the future, but this batch is cruelty free.






Here I am all set up and ready to glue. Things I learned: Hot glue is the only way to go, stiffened felt is a wonderful backer, and patience is essential.







You can see here how I attached the clips to the flowers. I was a little unsure about these clips, I bought them at JoAnne Fabrics, but they really stay in my hair (which is fine, but I have a lot of it) and they come in a couple useful sizes.




This rose came all the way from Japanland! And it looks lovely in my hair.

Fashion show to follow!

0 comments:

Post a Comment